iPhone keeps say 'this accessory is not optimised for the iPhone"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yettimillan, Sep 15, 2010.

1. yettimillan macrumors regular

iPhone keeps say 'this accessory is not optimised for the iPhone"

Then gives me the option to dismiss it. I dont even have anything plugged into it? I dont know why its randomly doing this continuously. There is no pattern it just randomly says it.

What should I do? Ive reset it, turn it on/off and re downloaded the OS (4.1)

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

This just pops up randomly?

Did it happen before 4.1?

3. Gavernty macrumors 6502

this was happening to me too, you don't have the ocarina app by any chance? Check your bottom dock and see if there is any dust or particles in there, if there is use an air can to blow it out.... my problem was that i got a little bit of spit in the bottom dock, not enough to trigger the water sensor thank god, I just used a hairdryer on it for 30 seconds and the message stopped

4. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

download "NOACCESSORYSPLASH IOS4" from cydia...it suppose to fix that problem....it usually pop ups when you are using non apple chargers.

5. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I have this occasionaly too but only happens at work which i thought maybe interference.I lose the volume and any sounds and can,t play any music because no sound.I blew out all the connections and it hasn,t come back yet (famous last words).