iPhone keyboard for chunky fingers.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Cattywampus_, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Cattywampus_ macrumors 6502a

Hi

Does anyone know of a keyboard that offers the same function as the stock Apple keyboard but that has wider keys that would make it easier for someone with chunky (read: fat :)) fingers to type?

Don't want any extra function or any fandangle clever attempts at predicting what I am trying to type... Just keys that fill the entire space available.

Thanks.

2. Cattywampus_ thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't think there's a keyboard with bigger keys really without getting a bigger screen basically and perhaps using it in landscape.

There are some alternative keyboards that do things to help with typing better, like Fleksy that doesn't really require hitting the specific key exactly right and it would still typically type out the right words that you meant. So it's still through some prediction in a sense, but gives the ability to type without being exact on smaller keys.

Some other apps exist that might just have a bigger internal keyboard (but hard to say how well it works), like Easy Typing -- Larger and Better Keyboard and maybe some others.

4. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

5. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

The one that can change the size of the keyboard is Flesky, you should try that out.

6. Cattywampus_ thread starter macrumors 6502a

No. Just no. Regardless of the fact that cost wise it is like buying a brand new car just because a bulb in the headlights don't work... the iPhone 6 Plus and phones of a similar size are just so impractical for use as a phone. My opinion of course.

----------

Thanks niki. I will look at that one.

Hopefully someone will release a nice basic keyboard that is designed specifically for those with chubby digits :)

7. sumsingwong macrumors 6502a

sumsingwong

Have you looked at Fleksy Keyboard. The keys are bigger.