iPhone keyboard lag fix

theunlocker

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
I have a regular unjailbroken iPhone 3G running 2.0.2 and a jailbroken 3G running 2.0.2. Both are 16GB and have the same amount of space fillled in. The jailbroken iPhone has a custom keyboard theme and seems to run faster than the regular iPhone. Anyone else want to try?

Eric.

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2008
Force-quitting the iPod app (holding home while it is open until it drops back to the home screen) appears to fix the SMS lag. Sometimes opening the calendar does it too, but the iPod appears to be more of a culprit.

hierobryan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
earth/jupiter
What's worse than keyboard lag is application lag. You know, like when you tap an app and it pauses for a sec, then all icons start to jiggle. Then you have to press the home button and then tap the app again. It happens all the time to me. Pisses me off..:mad:

Jeremy W

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008
What's worse than keyboard lag is application lag. You know, like when you tap an app and it pauses for a sec, then all icons start to jiggle. Then you have to press the home button and then tap the app again. It happens all the time to me. Pisses me off..:mad:
I've never had that happen to me. It sounds like the phone is registering the touch for longer than you're actually touching.