Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyallen34

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
I just got my iPhone today and have been using it for about 6 hours. However, I am typing really fast on it (up to 35wpm). I started on the iPhone using two thumbs and pretty much don't look at what I'm typing, just at the keys, and assume the keyboard is correcting it (which it pretty much always does). Oh, and I definitely don't have small fingers. I just find myself barely touching the screen.

I've never used a smartphone keyboard before. So, do you think that it is easier to learn the iPhone keyboard if you haven't used a smartphone before? Has anyone else had this experience?

tttexxan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Im typing faster than ever on this keyboard without issues...I dont look at the screen and trust the spelling to do its thing...It catches 98-99% of everything..
For people to bash the Iphone due to the keyboard have no clue what they are talking about

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I would say 'Yes'. The iPhone was my first smartphone-type device, and I've had absolutely no problems with it. Then again, I suppose any QWERTY keyboard is a welcome addition to one who is used to typing with numbers. :)

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
I came from a motorola q smartphone. I didn't take my long at all to adjust to not having feedback from the keys.

I was typing faster on my iphone in no time. The autocorrection is a killer feature! I don't bother to really look at what I'm typing like I did before. I just type away and correct later.

Just typing away without checking what I'm typing was the hardest to let go.

angrygolfer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
PA
I have had Blackberries and Smart Phones and I type fine on this too. I think it's just good technology.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.