iphone lagging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by redadair85, Jul 22, 2010.

1. redadair85 macrumors newbie

hey guys, my iphone 3g is lagging very bad, i bought it last week and jailbroke it to unlock it to orange as it was locked to 02, eversince then it has been generally slow iv tryed to restore it 3 or 4 times and this doesnt work.. now when i try and restore it again itunes says "cannot connect to iphone server please check internet connection" says this when i check for updates aswell. anyone else having these problems? any fixes? thanks alot im running 4.0 btw

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

My recollection is that the 3G, even with the 3.0 system, slowed significantly when jailbroken. I've also read in quite a few places that the 4.0 system is rather slow on the 3G. Put the two together and "lagging very bad" sounds about right. If it were my 3G I'd be looking into the possibility of rolling back a couple of versions, like to 3.1.3 or so. At least 4.0 wouldn't be slowing it down to start with. But even so, if you jailbreak a 3G, it's going to slow it down and it will continue to slow over time. If you have to unlock it, which requires a jailbreak, you may want to consider getting rid of it and getting a 3GS which is less affected by jailbreak.

3. King Luis macrumors 6502

3g with ios 4.0 = sluggish + jailbroken = maybe even slower

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s a tradeoff. You get more sluggish, but you can do more. If you reduce some of the things you can do, it’ll speed up.