iPhone lasts me 7 hours?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrismac00, May 11, 2008.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I don't know if should take my iPhone to the Apple Store, but it only lasts me about 6-7 hours. All I do is listen to music, text, and use the YouTube app. I don't use it for all the 7 hours, maybe about 4.

This is my second iPhone because my first was a refurb from AT&T and the screen didn't react when I touched it. And I heard that Apple replaces everything with refurbs.

Will I get a new iPhone at the Apple Store if I take it and they find a problem or will they ship it out and have me wait?

And if they do replace it, will it be a refurb too?

Thanks in advance :)

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Try turning off wifi. Wifi eats hordes of power.

3. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I use me iPhone on and off for about 4 different periods in school which adds to about 3-4 hours and my battery goes quick, but doesn't usually hit the 20% left mark. I think I will need to bring it to the Apple Store unless this is how the battery is supposed to be.

I charge all night and then listen to music on the bus for about 15 minutes then I use it in physics on and off and then another class and then listen to music on the bus and it is pretty low.

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

If you arre actively using the phone for 4 hours, I would think that would chew up battery pretty quickly. Any time that screen is on, that's going to significantly affect power. Just listening to music, without the screen on, shouldn't use too much battery.

Are you actively using it in those 4 hours?

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Turn the screen brightness down. Way down. Like to 30% bright.

6. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I am not actively using it for those four hours. Maybe about 1-2 hours, 1 being music & texting at the same time and the other for Safari/YouTube.

I can't turn off Wi-Fi because the majority of the time, I need to be using it because Edge takes more battery power.

7. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

what do you mean it last 7 hours? Is it completely dead at 7 hours? Or is it just popping up an alert? The battery meters are not that accurate so I would like to hear from a full charge how long does it last before it is completely dead.

From what I have read so far it seems you have a normal battery.

8. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It is completely dead at 7 hours, even sometimes at 6. I get that red battery and I can't start the phone up.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Playing 4 hours of video and music while downloading, texting and I'm sure regular phone talking is a lot of battery usage. Just pick up a $5 car iPod adaptor and plug in ever time you're in the car.

10. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I started doing. It's working LOL But yeah maybe somewhere in the near future Apple will sell an extended battery like other companies and you pay to get it. That would be cool :D