Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

texaslizard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
When I dock my iPhone (on a WinXP PC), the computer immediately launches my photo editor, which is Ulead PhotoImpact XL. I get a couple of error messages in PhotoImpact, which I close...and everything works fine after that point. But it's getting old fast.

Any ideas on a fix? I can't find an iPhone menu in the PC's control panel, nor any "settings" function in iTunes.
I have found "reset all settings" on the phone itself, but I'm concerned that will wipe out my address book.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
Its not the phone... its the software that is opening. Some software agent is looking for cameras and opening them. Check the task bar for any image/import/camera items and exit it. If that work, disable it.

Had the same problem with some Adobe products.

texaslizard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
The Fix

Thanks for the comment. I looked in the Ulead software guide and it directed me back to the "camera", in this case the new iPhone.

Under "My Computer/Apple iphone/Apple iphone properties/events/action"...I unchecked the launch software feature and checked "take no action" button.

That solved it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.