iPhone launching july/august on rogers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSX, May 23, 2009.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/05/23/rogers-canada-launch-gen-iphone-julyaugust-price-tba/

Boy Genius and their stealthy squad of tele-shinobi have emerged with juicy details on the Canadian carrier Rogers and their next gen iPhone plans:

iPhone — ETA: unknown (July/August), outright: not allowed, 3-year: TBD. Of note, Rogers will launch the new iPhone on the same day that it lifts off here in the US. Purchases will be limited to one iPhone per customer on opening day and there will be active demos on display in stores. Also of note, Rogers expects to have substantially more iPhones on hand this time around so as not to run into the same stock issues as with the iPhone 3G launch.

Last year’s launch raised cross-country protests over the then-exorbitantly high data rates in Canada, which caused Rogers to temporarily offer a $30/6GB plan which has since disappeared. With AT&T considering lower rates for the iPhone, is there a chance in Hull Rogers would do likewise?

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I hope the ole 32 gb launches before July. I've been waiting forever for the iPhone.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

It won't. The new models will release on the same day, all sizes.

4. Andruw91 macrumors regular

If it launches in July I will be happy. The sooner the better, but I really don't want to wait until August to buy my first iphone

5. cdubb macrumors newbie

My current bell cellphone contract expires at the end of June. I get crappy reception in my new condo, while my gf's rogers is fine. So i'm thinking of switching to rogers (i.e. iphone).

Apparently Rogers will have new talk & data plans in june (the sales guy seemed to suggest they would offer less daytime mins, and less extras). right now they have one for $45 for 200 mins, 500 MB data, and either free incoming or myfave5 canada-wide options.

Better to wait and hold out until new iphone released, with risk of more expensive contract?

6. Macnator macrumors 6502

If anything, it won't be more expensive if thats what you mean.

Also, regarding data plans, there are *Rumors* that Rogers will offer the 6GB/$30 Data Plan again this summer. On that topic, I was at my local Fido kiosk today, (no stores here) and the guy working there said that better data plans are in the "works", so there is a possibility of better data plans in the future, but you can't always trust salesmen.

Although, if they do offer the 6GB/$30 Data Plan again, I recommend to get that plan before it is gone, since it was/will be a Promotion, not a "permanent" offering.