iPhone leaking battery power like a MOTHER!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Minimoose 360, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well, the title explains it. The past week my iPhone has been running out of battery extremely fast. I've reset the phone both ways, but it didn't fix the problem. I don't have Pandora or any bandwidth hogs running either.

I'm on vacation and didn't bring my MBP with me so I can't wipe/restore.

Does anyone know what could cause this? My battery is only lasting 2-3 hours, which is drastically less than usual.

(I also know that 3G uses more power, and I have been running on it because of the lack of wifi here, but even when I'm only using the iPod app it drains very quick)

2. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

Is your phone running hot?

I had to get my iPhone 4 replaced for an overheating battery that couldn't hold a charge.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Which model iPhone do you have? Maybe it's time for a replacement.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Try one of these. They've been used for centuries to stop leaks.

[​IMG]

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

How is your signal strength? If it is constantly searching for 3G that could do it as well. Go into Settings>General>Network and turn off 3G and try that for a day and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, then turn on Airplane Mode and enjoy your vacation.;)

6. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

it can be signal issue and the phone searching for the best signal too much as was said.

I would say the first thing to do is restore and setup as new before you freak out. that will rule out software for you.