iPhone Leather Case Quality Vs Smart Case Quality

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ipadlover29, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

After owning my leather smart case for my air 2 for 8 months and my iPhone leather case for 2 months, Ive noticed a huge difference in quality. Im very careful with my leather iPhone case it has already got tons of scratches and scuffs on it. My smart case is in much better condition and has no scratches on it. The quality seems much better on the iPad leather smart case. Maybe I just got a bad iPhone leather case. Has anyone else had the same experience?

AK

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I tried a couple of black Apple leather cases for my Plus and I found all of them very fragile - easily scratched and scuffed. Also, I found small shreds coming from the inside edges from taking it off and putting it back on. I handled it very carefully but would still do damage.

I moved on to a thin TPU case that is lightweight and meets all my must haves without having to be super careful with it. I've been using it for two months and it still looks like new.

3. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I have both as well and the difference in quality is big but then so is the difference in the thickness of the leather. Not sure what colour your phone case is but if it is red or soft pink then you should try one of the other colours because the black, navy blue and brown leather cases are much better quality. The leather looks and feels somewhere close to leather while the red and soft pink look and feel more like really cheap faux(imitation) leather.

It also helps if you use leather conditioner on it.

4. Ipadlover29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I do have the black leather iPhone case and the smart case is also black. I use the leather conditioner on both, doesn't seem to do much on the iPhone case, on the smart case it makes it shine and makes it look like new. I do agree the iPhone case is very thin. I picked up the Apple silicone case for my iPhone and I like it much better. It's thicker, much easier to press the buttons and very easy to clean and maintain.

5. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

What leather conditioner are you using, leather is not supposed to shine.

Count yourself lucky for the leather that it in it, I bought an LG G4 and the leather back feels like a 30 year old Japanese car dashboard. image.jpg