Iphone leather cases fake or real

madanagopal

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
Hi,

My Space grey iphone 6 plus ia shippingon November 14. I have started searching for they leather cases. Struggling to choose between red black and blue apple leather cases.

Found this website selling without iphone logo.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/2041869507.html

What do you guys think. I can get a genuine red from apple store and a bk as ck from the above website.

Is it possible that the seller could actually get the same quality leather cases and apple is actually selling at such a huge profit margin.

Decisions Decisions

Leejaymes

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2014
Hi,

My Space grey iphone 6 plus ia shippingon November 14. I have started searching for they leather cases. Struggling to choose between red black and blue apple leather cases.

Found this website selling without iphone logo.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/2041869507.html

What do you guys think. I can get a genuine red from apple store and a bk as ck from the above website.

Is it possible that the seller could actually get the same quality leather cases and apple is actually selling at such a huge profit margin.

Decisions Decisions
It is most probably a fake.
Apple has such a stringent policy.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Most likely they are Chinese fakes or copies which would not be surprising since I believe that is a Chinese retail site.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
As you are looking at a (red) case I would not buy from anyone other than Apple. The profits in this case are going to charity.

madanagopal

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2014
As you are looking at a (red) case I would not buy from anyone other than Apple. The profits in this case are going to charity.

True. RED will be purchasing from apple for sure. Thinking of taking a Black as WELL. BUT CANT afford to get both from apple store.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Buy the cheaper ones. They are basically the same, but without the Apple logo. Both are cheap leather stretched over a soft shell. Both cost about $1 to make. Thats why Apple exchanges them so easily. They dont lose money even if you exchange multiple times.

Tgrey

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
maybe fake, but don't think there is much difference in quality, official case is also cheap to make

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.