Iphone leather cases fake or real

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by madanagopal, Oct 12, 2014.

1. madanagopal macrumors member

Hi,

My Space grey iphone 6 plus ia shippingon November 14. I have started searching for they leather cases. Struggling to choose between red black and blue apple leather cases.

Found this website selling without iphone logo.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/2041869507.html

What do you guys think. I can get a genuine red from apple store and a bk as ck from the above website.

Is it possible that the seller could actually get the same quality leather cases and apple is actually selling at such a huge profit margin.

Decisions Decisions

2. Leejaymes macrumors member

It is most probably a fake.
    Apple has such a stringent policy.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

Most likely they are Chinese fakes or copies which would not be surprising since I believe that is a Chinese retail site.

4. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

As you are looking at a (red) case I would not buy from anyone other than Apple. The profits in this case are going to charity.

5. madanagopal thread starter macrumors member

True. RED will be purchasing from apple for sure. Thinking of taking a Black as WELL. BUT CANT afford to get both from apple store.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

Buy the cheaper ones. They are basically the same, but without the Apple logo. Both are cheap leather stretched over a soft shell. Both cost about $1 to make. Thats why Apple exchanges them so easily. They dont lose money even if you exchange multiple times.

7. Tgrey macrumors member

maybe fake, but don't think there is much difference in quality, official case is also cheap to make