iPhone leaving "residue-like" line when icons are replaced on screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by agentgerard, Dec 21, 2009.

1. agentgerard macrumors newbie

gud morning! just a newbie here. i wish you could help me. my iphone is having this kinda weird "problem".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    see the stain-like line there? that happens when i transfer my icons to other pages. but when i place my icons again it doesnt appear. its as if the icons leave this image when i put them on other pages

[​IMG]

but there are times when the stain-like lines does not appear at all

hope you could help me as soon as possible. is it a defect or the firmware., software., or files are doing this? thanks!

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

3. agentgerard thread starter macrumors newbie

you mean to say it could certainly be caused by the jailbreak?

how does jailbreaking affect the iPhone?

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Anything is possible. You could always restore the phone and then see if you still get those lines. If not then you know it was because of the jailbreak.

5. agentgerard thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks so much! i'll try doing that

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I'm gonna say it was maybe the 5-icon dock, since that's where it looked like the 'residue' was being left behind.

Which iPhone do you have?

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The problem is that moving the icons scrapes the underside of the glass. Everyone thinks they are pixels but its not true. Now its normally not an issue, but having six icons in your dock as placed an abnormal amount of pressure on the underside of your screen, thus leaving the residue. If you wait too long that residue will turn into scratches (only the outside of the glass is tempered). You don't see it with the other icons because four across aren't enough to press against the glass.

The obvious solution is to go back to four icons in the dock, and after a couple of days it should clear up.

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

+1
    Hahahaa, epic!