iPhone left earbud not working...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apatel87, May 25, 2009.

1. apatel87 macrumors regular

Hi, I was just using my iPhone and noticed that my left earbud just stopped working. I didnt drop my phone so I don't think that was the cause. Also, I tried out the headphones on my computer and since they work there I don't think there is a problem with the headphones. I dont think its a hardware issue because when I plug in my haedphones I hear the little beep from BOTH earbuds. I have tried unplugging/plugging in the headphones. I have tried to shut off the phone with the headphones in and then unplug before restarting.
    Does anybody know what to do when there is this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Zagreus macrumors member

Zagreus

Hmmm. Have you got any EQ settings on your iPhone set to pan one way? Or if not I'd say that the headphone jack was the problem, as that was what happened to me with my iPod but other than that I'm not sure.

3. Aurial macrumors 6502

Only on of the earbuds is a speaker, the other is a microphone ;-)

haha.

But seriously, I've had problems a few times with the in-line remote not working on the supplied headphones. On both occassions it's been because of fluff that's gotten into the headphone socket while the phones been in my jeans pocket. Try having a look into the hole using a good torch. I managed to get it out with a cocktail stick. Might be something similar.