Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
And if you're in the US and this goes bad you have no legs to stand on ... unless you really don't then I am sorry all the same.

You can get a 8GB 3G at AT&T for $50 with contract (refurb).

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
are these legit? i found some guy that will sell me iphones for about 209 bux and i wanna see if this is real.. these are the only pics i can get..theres three pictures just hit forward on photobucket

http://s349.photobucket.com/albums/q392/xa2elb/?action=view&current=AppleIphone3GS1.jpg
Sounds too good to be true. Notice that there is no picture of the bottom / back of the box. No way to check the Carrier / IMEI / Serial Number or even the Part Number. :eek: :(

What you have is a nice set of pictures of part of a iPhone 3GS box, so if you want to spend 209 for a suprise gift box, I say go for it. Just don't expect to receive a real iPhone 3GS at that price from somone selling shoes that also look like cheap copies based on the pictures.

Dave

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
I don't know what it is about that picture but it doesn't look quite right, to me it looks like a display dummy; the springboard looks like it has been printed out and stuck on, it appears to be receiving a 3G signal but where's the carrier?!?! Do they even have a 3G network in China?!?! (please excuse my ignorance if they do).

DON'T GO NEAR IT WITH A 10 FOOT BARGE POLE!

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
No, that is the correct image from the iPhone 3GS box, the "Home" screen is raised on the physical box and that gives that 3D look. They don't show a carrier tag on the box.

Again, the biggest question is why no picture of the bottom of the box or the back. Oh, and the crazy low price. Even in China, the iPhone 3GS goes for more then $900 US. :eek:

Dave

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK
LOL...you know the really stupid thing is that I have a 3GS box right here next to me, guess it must have been the angle the pic was taken at... :eek:

Even so, I still wouldn't take the risk, whilst trawling the net for spare parts I'm sure I remember seeing counterfeit boxes for sale, if that picture is the best they can do to sell a handset that normally sells at $900 for just over $200 then something's not right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.