iPhone lengthy "Sync in Progress"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by omansour, Mar 4, 2010.

1. omansour macrumors member

Hi all,

I have observed that my iPhone 3G is taking a long time to synchronize with my MacBook Pro.

Although I don't have much storage almost 1.1 GB, it really takes around 15 - 20 minutes to finish syncing with the computer.

Tips and advices about this would be very much appreciated.

Tack

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Hmmmmm.... is your iphone jailbroken or ever been jailbroken? or has anyone that has used that computer used cracked apps?

The reason that i ask. is because if someone has used cracked apps. iTunes copies the crack apps into its library. More than likely u ahve sync all applications checked. Therefor it tries to sync every application including the cracked apps onto your phone. Your phone cant open the cracked apps therefor it deletes them immediatly. So next time you sync. Itunes tries to install the apps again. thus taking your phone several mins to sync....

3. omansour thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

No its not and never been. I also don't think that my computer has any cracked apps. All are original with no problems.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'd suggest right clicking on the iPhone icon in iTunes, selecting reset warnings, and when it asks if you want to send info to Apple, click no. People have said this doesn't work anymore, but I used this, and my time to backup and sync is like 5 minutes, if that.

5. Txcatrpillrgirl macrumors newbie

Firstly, Hello Aggie! I am at TAMU, too! :D

Secondly, my iPhone has been syncing for over 12 hours, and still doesn't appear to be done with the "backing up" process. It has been months since I have successfully synced because it keeps hanging up like this.

Additionally, it won't play songs using the iPod function. I don't seem to have any audio files saved on the phone (blue memory space), even though it looks like I have songs in the library when I browse on the iPhone.

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Gig 'em!

I'd go ahead and restore your phone in DFU mode (see sig), and if you have everything synced on the computer (e.g., contacts to Outlook or Address Book, etc.), setup as new. Otherwise restore from a backup.