iPhone + Leopard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SeVeN, Oct 21, 2007.

1. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

i was thinking about doing a clean install of Leopard when i get it, but it got me thinking about how my iPhone will sync afterwards. will it sync my contacts and iCal stuff back onto my computer? i know i'll have to redo my pictures and music thought. what will you guys do?

:apple:

2. calvy macrumors 65816

I plan on doing a fresh install as well, and then importing my user account info back in from my backups. In other words, I'll restore most of my user folder when I get done with the fresh install. That should take care of any settings saved.

I can't honestly answer if your phone will transfer it's contacts to iCal and Address book. I think it will, but I've never done it.

3. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

it will sync everything just fine.

i just redid my macbook with tiger. wanted to just get rid of all the programs i dont use anymore and start fresh with the ones i do use regularly. plus i was bored and wanted to do all that cool stuff again. backed up all pictures, music, and movies to a external and rebooted it.

plugged my iphone in...BOOM...would you like to snc your Ical with all 2342342352345 dates?....sync...and your done.

address book automatically did it also.

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Oh sweet, that's good to know. I'm going to be doing a clean install of 10.5 on a new HD, so it's good to know I don't have to copy iCal and Address Book over. Go iPhone!

5. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

if you have a .mac account it is extremely easy too

6. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

sadly no. Only things like addresses ical bookmarks and mail and your idisk

8. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

yea if the music that is on the iphone after the reboot isnt there anymore, and it syncs...bye bye music