iPhone Let Down at MacWorld

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TRAG, Jan 6, 2009.

1. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

The iPhone didn't have any news during the keynote. As many people are, I'm not to happy seeing as how I've been waiting for a 32 GB iPhone. Possibly some hardware updates. When will one most likely be out?
    :confused:

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I don't see how it's a let down, it wasn't even a rumor. :rolleyes:

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

It wasn't a solid rumor and I don't see why you expected it to happen.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

We may see a 32GB firmware 2.3 in February.
    If not then in the summer.

5. davyreins macrumors 6502

I was also surprised that there wasn't a 32 gb iphone. Although, not seeing it doesn't shock me too much because the apple presentation was underwhelming in general.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Why were you expecting something?

There wasnt even a rumor about the iphone (other than people here speculating).

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The closest thing to a rumor was the websites that listed an iPhone nano case. Would have been nice to see a new iPhone or a bump in storage, but it's not the end of the world.

8. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I think it would be more proactive to speculate / hope for a storage capacity increase in the iPod. If the iPod goes up, then the iPhone will probably follow suit. That is, if a 64GB iPod becomes available, it will probably be followed by a 32GB iPhone. But yah, there is no way you should be disappointed by something that wasn't supposed to happen. Apple didn't release a robot dragon, but you don't hear me complaining about it.

9. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I think a 32gb should be coming soon. By summer hopefully. Mainly because since the iPod touch already has it.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

When the touch has 64, the iphone will have 32.

The touch uses 2 chips, the iphone has space for 1

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

How is "you can download songs from iTunes over the air with an iPhone" not iPhone news?

This post also goes to prove even more why Apple is getting out of Macworld. People expect Apple to revolutionize the world every year after the iPhone splash. I have seen complaints on about every forum about crap that wasn't released, as if Apple's calendar revolves around this. Apple updates stuff sporadically, and there's no good reason to always have to have something new in January.

There's no good reason a 32GB iPhone won't come out in two weeks. If Apple announces one of those with the intention of doubling the storage at each price point, then you would have sales tank until the new ones come out. If there's some delay with 32GB iPhones, you could suck up a lot of cash.

12. akacaj macrumors regular

akacaj

I guess it is news however not enough to drag so many people into an auditorium. I felt the whole thing was pretty boring. But as you said, can't expect them to revolutionize the world every year.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I thought the software stuff was great!

The mbp bored me a little simply because id never consider a 17" laptop, but it seems like a great machine.

7.5/10

And those people eagerly flocked into that auditorium and you know it.

14. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

I am quite happy I didn't wait for January to get my iPhone expecting the 32 GB Phone, lol

15. pavvento macrumors 6502

Apple isn't just the iPhone, MacWorld isn't just the iPhone.

I'm relatively new to Apple, but I feel like iPhone users (yes I'm one) have this superiority complex, where every event has to be focussed around the iPhone.

16. KarmaRocket macrumors member

KarmaRocket

Most likely Apple just doesn't want to throw all their eggs in one basket.

Since they are pulling out of MacWorld, Apple probably wants to control when they release updates and major hardware on their own time. They also have more control of the event and press coverage.

I think we will see an storage update to the iPhone in February. Similar to last year. 32GB iPhone and 64 GB iPod Touch. It wouldn't be a major change in the manufacturing. Hopefully, we'll see push notifications in a firmware update as well.

I'm waiting for the 32 GB model. I can wait one more month and then I will just purchase the 16GB if no update is announced.

17. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

You should check out the Mac forums. People on there were complaining last year about Macworld not being about Macs. My mom calls my iPhone my portable computer, so I technically think it IS a Mac. This seems to be yet another reason that Apple wants to plot its own course and not be reliant on Macworld.

18. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My suggestion is to duct tape two 16GB iPhones back-to-back and poof, you got your 32GB 3G iPhone(s). That might hold ya' for about a week... LOL :p

19. WPeterson macrumors member

WPeterson

:)

iPhone Nano, iPhone Pro, let them come out in months!
    Macworld 2009 seems a little boring for Apple so far.
    However, some app vendors show great apps this time, such as SlingTV...

20. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

You just made my day :D duct tape FTW!

21. milani macrumors 68000

milani

You hit it right on the head, my friend.