iPhone lies. LIES.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by simple20, Jul 19, 2010.

1. simple20 macrumors regular

Love my iphone. Not trolling...just not accepting any malarkey. And I do love my phone... but, frankly, and I may just have a bad apple (pun most definitely intended); my iphone is an integrity violator. My Battery as it stands, says 12% power, 6 hours and 18 mins usage, 16 hours 56 mins stand by. Adding up the math, thats roughly 23 hours of battery usage. I unplugged my **** this morning at 6 in the AM. Thats 18 hours...where are these phantom 5 hours at? Is my phone a filthy liar, or do I not understand what my phone is trying to tell me? And for you extra helpful types, does that battery usage seem standard or low?

2. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

That's a pretty long fu`cking time. I definitely wouldn't complain. If that was the EVO you'd have ran out hours ago. :)

3. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

It depends what you used your phone for.

Also the total standby time is 17 hours not 23.

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

uh standby is the total amount of time since unplugged... usage is counted separately you don't add them

.... but im guessing you knew that

5. draz macrumors 6502a

Yea standby time is the time from unplug up until now. The usage time is the time spent actually using the device within that standby time.

So in your case... during that 16 hours, you used your phone a total of 6hrs. The remaining 10hrs was spent with the display off.

6. simple20 thread starter macrumors regular

Right on guys! Thanks for explaining that to me.... it all makes so much sense now.