Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
One could happily get 3-4years use from a iPhone without being too out dated - in terms of support for latest software. So a 6 plus itself is only about €.60 a day. Then minus the resale price.
How does that compare with other devices? In terms of updates and resale value.

I seem to remember having a Samsung which was in the same price range as an iPhone, but right out of the box - things didn't work as well as an iPhone ("it just works") And within 2 years it was totally out of date and worth €10 for parts

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
One could happily get 3-4years use from a iPhone without being too out dated - in terms of support for latest software. So a 6 plus itself is only about €.60 a day. Then minus the resale price.
How does that compare with other devices? In terms of updates and resale value.

I seem to remember having a Samsung which was in the same price range as an iPhone, but right out of the box - things didn't work as well as an iPhone ("it just works") And within 2 years it was totally out of date and worth €10 for parts

I am not sure on the math but the iPhones have historically gotten four major OS releases with some exceptions. The 3Gs started at iOS 3, and received 4, 5, and 6. The 4 received iOS 4-7.1. iPhones generally get great software support which definitely helps with the usability as they age.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.