Iphone light bleed at screen edge

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonnyb, Nov 12, 2007.

1. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I'm wondering whether to take mine back to the Apple store after my triumphant purchase on Friday.

At the top of the screen there are five or six areas where the light is brighter, where the light from the backlight bleeds through at the screen's edge. It's most noticeable on the light band that goes across the top of the email and safari screens.

Does anyone else have this or are your screens evenly lit?

Other than that, the screen has perfect blacks and no dead pixels. Should I just stay grateful for what I've got?

2. jpow112 macrumors member

bleed

My 1st iPhone had this - there appear to be about 5 "nodes" where the backlighting comes through. On my first, it was quite noticeable on one especially. More noticable when screen is showing light image, in dark room.

I went to the apple store and checked about 10 different iPhones, you could see the "nodes" on all of them - noticable on most only to a slight degree, if you strained your eyes. Mine was much more, a bit of a distraction.

As it is not a cheap product I then exchanged it for a fresh one, that is fine.

I assume it's the way the backlight is mounted - if it bothers you, check the ones at a store, and get an exchange if you're not happy. Carphone Warehouse were very happy to exchange. Remember to wipe the phone of all data before you leave it!