iPhone lights up, no notification?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AceC, May 25, 2014.

1. AceC, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014

AceC macrumors member

My iPhone 5S lit up, but didn't show any notifications, not even after looking in the notification center on the phone. I was logged into fb on my computer and got a notification on the computer at the same time my phone lit up, so I'm sure that's what triggered my phone to light up.

However, why did it only light up, and not give any notification on my phone?

2. ineel macrumors regular

do you have iMessage on your mac? maybe thats why

3. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I know that in gmail, if you get an email and you check it on your computer or other device, the notification on the lockscreen disappears. Maybe something similar happened with Facebook.

4. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I've had that happen with Facebook before.

5. cynics macrumors G4

I'm thinking something like this. iMessage is the same way on a Mac. If you put the iMessage app in foreground it will disappear off the notifications. Time it right and the screen will light up but no notifications.

6. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

Go under settings in the Facebook app and check whats up with the notifications, cant rememeber what setting of the top of my head but the Facebook app on the Android has a setting about showing a "light flashing" notification or what ever you setup.