iPhone location services/GPS failure

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by subatomicsatan, Jul 17, 2008.

1. subatomicsatan macrumors newbie

Just today I've noticed that location services stopped working on my iPhone 3G. For example, Google Maps could never find me, Vicinity couldn't either, and in Twitterific, the location icon was grayed out.

After rebooting the iPhone, location services were restored only to go out again later. Another reboot and they were restored.

Has anyone noticed anything similar?

Thanks!

--
    james

2. ssierra macrumors member

I have the same problem. It worked fine last weekend but yesterday I had this isssue and now too.

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

same, havent been able to pick up a gps signal since i got the phone yesterday

4. subatomicsatan thread starter macrumors newbie

Reboot your phone, or just turn it off (hold the sleep/wake button on the top of the phone down until the red power off slider shows up) and after the screen goes black, turn it back on by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until the screen lights up. The apple logo will then show up until the phone boots up again. Then the GPS should work.

--
    james

5. subatomicsatan thread starter macrumors newbie

See also this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=520841

You might need to turn off autolock and go outside with a good view of the sky and let Googlemaps try to find you...it may take several minutes.

6. pietdv macrumors newbie

You could check this:

Go to settings/general/restrictions and put in your pin. Turn Locations ON if they are turned off.

Piet
    http://www.pieterdevries.com.au/

7. Groovepocket80 macrumors newbie

iPhone location services/GPS

That worked like a charm. Thanks