Iphone lock and SIM problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Storm Shadow, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

My iPhone (which is jailbroken at 3.1.2 but using a proper O2 iPhone SIM) was charging overnight but when I woke up this morning I had no service and the screen was showing the 'connect to itunes' image and the swipe said 'slide for emergency'.

I connected my iPhone to iTunes and it said "itunes cannot connect to iphone because it is locked with a passcode". I do use a passcode lock on my iphone however I had been asleep and had not entered it and there was no way to enter it.

I put the phone into DFU mode and restored the firmware however now it will not activate - itunes says "itunes cannot activate your iphone because the sim card is not inserted or a sim pin is required".

I have rebooted the phone and removed and replaced the SIM card but still the same problem.

Any help would really be appreciated.

2. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

3. Storm Shadow thread starter macrumors regular

I've just restored it to the Apple firmware through iTunes rather than the custom jailbroken firmware and still the same issues. Looks like a visit to O2 will be necessary. Damn it, not how I wanted to spend my Sunday.

I thought I'd try and resolve it on here first to save the hassle.

UPDATE

Went to O2 today and nothing wrong with the SIM so made an appointment at the genius bar at Apple Exeter. The 'Genius' was extremely helpful but could not do anything and thought it could be the SIM reader within the iPhone. He replaced it with a brand new shiny iPhone just like that so I'm all sorted now.