iPhone Lock Button Extremely Lose. Rattles.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleguy123, Jun 25, 2010.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My iPhone's lock button is so loose that I could probably wige it out of the iPhone. When I move it it rattles. Does anyone else have this? Shen do you think that replacements will be available?

2. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

NON-ISSUE!

haha every 3g I had did this as well as my 4, I think its just how it is, doesnt really detract from anything unless a non rattling phone is essential for ya. At this point i dont even notice it.

3. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

Usibg a bumper so it's not a big deal right now. I'm just worried that it may fall out. If you don't think it will then I'll just continue happily with my iPhone.

4. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

they never popped out on me and my old 3g has had quite a few slams against a table, cabinets, etc

5. james92se macrumors 6502a

This is just luck of the draw.

I went through 4 different 3G's due to various issues (battery issue, camera randomly stopped working, etc.) and one of the four had the loose lock button.

One of the four had a loose home button, and one had a loose vibrate switch.

One was perfect, except it "rattled" when it vibrated.

Go figure.

My iPhone 4 doesn't have one loose bit on it, so I'm going to cross my fingers that it doesn't malfunction in any way.

6. djdino macrumors newbie

started jiggling on mine this past weekend. Do you think this is a returnable malfunction?

7. jacollins macrumors 6502a

What lock button? There's no lock button on the iPhone. There's a Ring/Silent switch, the volume buttons, the home button, and the On/Off-Sleep/Wake button. Which one are you talking about.

8. readerbreader macrumors regular

for what it's worth, mine was doing the same thing. i went to the apple store and told the guy about it, said it was loose and annoying because it rattled, and they replaced the phone.

9. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

10. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

My iPhone 4 had this issue (3G did not).

I went to the Genius Bar the day after I got it, told the guy my phone rattles, he confirmed the rattle, and replaced my phone no questions asked! It is NOT normal! I even checked the phones on display - not one was rattling. If they give you crap about how it's "normal" ask them to rattle the ones on display and tell you if any of them rattle.

11. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Mines nice & snug. Return yours for a good one. Their in stock.

12. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Mine is also rattling like crazy. And its not the camera because there is no rattle at all when i hold the lock button. Its just annoying to hear the rattle whenever i pick up, or set my phone down. Ill be setting up an appointment soon.

13. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Welcome to the _new_ lower quality Apple.

The days of consistent high quality products are over. Apple is too busy looking over their shoulder at the rapidly advancing competition.

Apple is too busy grabbing all the money it can, while they can. It's the reason one hears the same refrain over & over whenever Apple is challenged with a problem.... "It's normal, they all do that, even the competition".

I had _Three_ defective iPhone 4's before finally finding a good one. And notice I didn't say excellent.

It's also important to note: I am not bashing Apple, I'm simply reporting my experience. I love Apple, that's why I take the time to report issues. I know they monitor the forums. They still care, just not as much as they used to.

All one has to do is to step outside into the real world, beyond Apple's walled garden of fans. Read the news and you will find the real truth. Nothing lasts forever. Apples had a great run. But it's about to subside. The only one to blame is Apple themselves. They got too big, too arrogant, and too cocky.