iPhone lock button stuck/Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Schmitty11, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Schmitty11 macrumors 6502

So the lock button on my 7 month old iPhone got stuck yesterday. As a result, I am Planning a trip to the Apple Store this weekend. However, before I drive 2.5 hours, I have a few questions. (Note: My phone is under the 1 year warranty)

1. Will it have to be sent away, or will it be replaced in the store? I have heard both

2. Being it is under the one year warranty, will there be any cost to me? One again, I have heard both.

phone is in Excellent condition

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

In for results. I think they'll just give you a new one in the store (new = remanufactured/refurb/whatever).

I am curious as to how much if anything it'll cost you... I'd be a bit pissed if it cost anything at all. A phone should work for at least a year... (technically, it should work for 2 since we all have 2 year contracts....)

3. Schmitty11 thread starter macrumors 6502

According to the borads at Apple. It will be just a replacement. Thanks for your help!

4. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

That happened to my iPhone 4. I took it in, showed them that the button didn't work. After checking that I was under warranty and my water sensors weren't tripped they gave me a new one. Whole process took maybe 10 minutes