Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fullerboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Hi,

I tried to demonstrate my hacked iPhone with my friends Work mobile O2 Sim card, but a message come up saying 'Locked Sim' do you you want to unlock it? Can some one explain what this is all about?

My iPhone is hacked to 1.1.4 and works brilliantly with an O2 simplicity plan, and my works Vodafone Sim.

My mate is considering an iPhone but needs it to work on this locked sim card?

Any help would be great.

Sean

bdsmyth

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
That message would usually indicate that your friend has his/her password protection turned on on his/her own phone such that when he/she switches it on they need to enter a PIN. I know this because I have it turned on and its the same message I get on my iphone. Check with your friend again and when he/she nods their head and says oh yeah I do enter a PIN when I turn on my phone proceed to slap them with whatever force you deem appropriate :)

fullerboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
That message would usually indicate that your friend has his/her password protection turned on on his/her own phone such that when he/she switches it on they need to enter a PIN. I know this because I have it turned on and its the same message I get on my iphone. Check with your friend again and when he/she nods their head and says oh yeah I do enter a PIN when I turn on my phone proceed to slap them with whatever force you deem appropriate :)

Hi,

You are right, I think a slap will certainly be the order of the day. I cant believe I didnt think about this! Thank you for the swift reply.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.