iPhone Locked to Rogers network --- need it back with AT&T!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eaglescout, Jul 11, 2009.

1. eaglescout macrumors newbie

I recently bought a USED iPhone 3G on eBay. What I do, is I find iPhone 3G / 3GS's for a cheap price, then I jailbreak & unlock them, then I resell them for about $200 more.

THIS iPhone is a little different. It came from Canada, and It is locked with "Rogers" network. If I insert my AT&T SIM card in, It will give the "invalid SIM" message. He left me a "rebel SIM" card to unlock it, but I have no experience with rebel SIM cards.

The iphone is stuck on the "slide for emergency" screen. To be able to Jailbreak & unlock it, I need it activated (able to see the home screen)

If anyone knows how to help they would be much appreciated.

THANKS!

2. antibact1 macrumors 6502

So if I understand this correctly, you take the software others are providing for FREE, use it, then charge other people a $200 premium. Boo hoo that you're in a jam now.

Edit: Actually if you want, I'm in Canada and a Rogers customer. I can activate the phone for you and charge a $200 premium. Then everybody wins.

3. eaglescout thread starter macrumors newbie

4. antibact1 macrumors 6502

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Give the guy a break, he does offer free shipping :)

6. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I know how to do this. If you send me $100 by PayPal I will tell you :p

This is not a criticism, or a flame, it just seems to me a reasonable profit-sharing scheme. If it does not work I will refund you the $100.

Check my history here, you will see I am reputable. Send me a PM and we're in business!

7. eaglescout thread starter macrumors newbie

That is for the 3G S. I am talking about the 3G's that I sell. The 3G S's usually go for a lot more.

8. eaglescout thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU! BTW: I have already sold one and I have 30+ watchers. My last batch of 5 sold like hotcakes.