iPhone locked

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by orangecure, Apr 21, 2011.

1. orangecure macrumors newbie

So I have been thinking about buying an iPhone for quite some time now. My contract is nowhere near up, so im going to have to pay full price for an iPhone 4. I decided to pick up a cheap one off craigslist to mess around with it, download some apps and see if i like the phone in general before I blow a ton of cash on a new one. I found someone selling a iPhone 2 that was in pretty decent shape, probably 9/10, no scratches or cracks. He was asking only $30, so I went ahead and did it.

I get home and little to my surprise it was locked by a passcode, so there could be a possibility that it might be stolen, or he is just being a prick and locked it on purpose :(. Ive tried calling/texting him, but getting no reply. Is there anyway you can restore this or reset it? This is the first time I have ever even touched an ipod/iphone, so I am pretty clueless.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. orangecure thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I found a tutorial for that and everytime I try it, an unexpected error occurs (1601). Apple says to reinstall itunes and what not. I did that and still getting error message :/

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try it on another computer maybe, different port, usb wire.
    Make sure you have the latest itunes installed.