iPhone locking up after latest update...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Learjet035, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

Both my girlfriend's and my iphone have not been the same since the update. Is it just us or are others having to reboot way more often than normal?

At least twice a day we're both getting locked up, or booted back to the main screen while doing something else.

Worse for me while trying to send a pic via email to specific folks.

Thanks!

2. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. unity macrumors 6502a

No probs here. Did you update from the same computer?

I would delete the update image file (located in the iTunes folder) then perform a restore. By deleting the file it will have to download another image file. Maybe there is a chance it was corrupt.

4. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, it was different computers.
    Actually all my friends are having the same issues and all on different computers??? Seems like ever since the last update its giving a buncha people problems. I just put the new update on. Hopefully it clears it up.
    Thanks

5. unity macrumors 6502a

What problems are you having? I have not heard, even on here, of any wide-spread issues.

6. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

it's a strange lockup, or freeze. Happens while doing all different things, nothing specific.
    My buddy just got the phone yesterday and called me to ask if it ever "locked up on me"
    A reboot will clear it for a while, it's now a once a week thing. Nothing unbearable, just new.

7. Juvenile macrumors member

Mine locks up constantly after the update, usually with Safari.

8. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

it's gotta be kinda wide spread. I know 4 people that have that problem now.
    Maybe Florida got a bad batch. =(