iPhone locking up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jrohlman88, Apr 9, 2011.

1. jrohlman88 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just got an iPhone 4 about a week ago, I love it. But I've had some troubles with it. Twice now, after I press the lock button on top, the screen will shut off as it should. But I try to unlock the screen, it's won't turn on, it stays unlit and I have to reset it with the home and the lock button. Is this a common problem? It's still under warranty by Verizon for the first month, should I just take it back and get another?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You should try updating the software, or restoring it in iTunes. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

3. jrohlman88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks, The software is up to date so I guess I'll try restoring it

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Also as a last resort you can restore it and set it up as a new phone, that sometimes helps too.