iPhone login profiles?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sweetpeet, Jun 27, 2012.

1. sweetpeet macrumors newbie

Is there such a thing as usernames to login to an iphone. heres what im talking about: you have an iphone and multiple users. each user has their own apps and settings, similar to a computer's profiles. each user would have their own username and password to access the phone but no user would see the apps that aren't theirs.

So, does anyone know of a cydia app or some other mod that could do this? or is this an app that ill have to build whenever i get around to it?

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Nothing out there to my knowledge. A phone is such a personalized device, there aren't many users with that need. Besides, to truely have your own profile (like on a Mac or PC), you'd need a lot more memory for separate iTunes libraries, photos, etc.

3. sweetpeet thread starter macrumors newbie

well, then i guess ill try to build a mod. ill probably do something like making the admin and other root files on the device and force the other username's libraries, etc. reference a cloud server or possiably their own cloud server(the one that apple gives them). idk we'll see.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

That may be kind of cool. Good luck. Post if anything comes of it - I'd like to see what day-to-day functionality that could offer just out of curiosity.