iphone logon

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davidma, May 1, 2011.

1. davidma macrumors newbie

help me
    my son just got a first genaration iphone.we are having fits trying to figure out how to get it set up.we took the sim card (at&t pay as you go) out of his other phone and inserted it into the iphone.the phone booted up and looked like it wanted us to connect to itunes so we did. he entered his phone number from the other phone and pressed continue.itunes said that it could not update his account at this time try again later what do we have to do to get this phone working.we have called at&t 5 x we have been to the at&t store. we have called apple only to get the (we dont sell that phone anymore it will cost you 29.00 to continue with tec support ha. ha.please help us my son is freeking me out with this issue thanks

2. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

The sim card is a micro-sim right? You shouldn't have problems syncing it with your computer via iTunes, is your Apple ID and password entered correctly? I cannot give much insight to you apart from you calling Apple technical support and getting help. First Gen iPhones are quite old, probably software is not compatible with the newer 4.3.2 version.

3. davidma thread starter macrumors newbie

the sim card is the normal sim card i dont know abut my sons itunes account info i will have him check. does anyone know if you are supposed to install a brand new unused sim card.or if your used card will work.this is pre a paid card.

4. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

If it is locked to a specific carrier, it will only work with that. You need a micro-sim card to put inside the iPhone, as far this goes, I don't know how the first Gen iPhone works with it.