Iphone LOOSING battery while plugged into computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by okrelayer, Mar 26, 2009.

1. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

ok guys. I usually charge my iPhone with the wall charger. But sometimes i plug it into my macbook pro to transfer songs, and larger apps and stuff. But i have noticed the last two days that while plugged into the computer, i have LOST battery life while "chargeing"

I will look at my useage. Where as it was 2 hours or so when i plugged it in, the useage shows 4 hours and 30 min of useage time.. while not doing a single thing on the phone!

i turned off the phone and turned it back on. I noticed it was doing the same thing today. anyone know why??

simplify all of this: my iphone is LOOSEING battery while plugged into my computer?!

2. macmulisha macrumors member

Mine went crazy too! I did a restore last night so we'll see if that works.

3. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

yours is doing the same thing mine is? It charges fine while being plugged into the wall. It also doesnt seem to drain battery or anything while not plugged in. Only when plugged into my computer..

4. romanaz macrumors regular

romanaz

I had a similar issue with my battery. About a week after 2.2.1, while in my pocket or holder, my phone would heat up and drain battery life like a champ. Talking 30 minutes would take battery from 80% down to 5%. It would heat up to the point of near scalding you if you touched it. Restored a few times, stopped, then all of a sudden, while using the GPS and plugged into my car charger, it went from 100% to 10% in all of ten minutes. It would also say that its been in use for say 3 hours, and idle time would be at like 3 hours 3 minutes. My suggestion : Restore, if no fix, see your local apple store.

5. macmulisha macrumors member

I did a restore last night and so far so good! Except I lost my camera roll!!

6. okrelayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

so it doesnt drain while being plugged into your computer like it did before?

7. michalko.j macrumors member