iPhone losing storage space mysteriously?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rdmaestro, Jun 16, 2011.

1. rdmaestro macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

The situation is this. My iPhone has been losing storage space on the /var partition mysteriously. It seems to be losing it at 8mb blocks at one time.

e.g it was 4968mb and now its 4960mb and then it goes to 4952mb.

I have not installed anything new to the iPhone, I have cleared my cookies, cache and history from Safari and I've tried searching around using iFile, but I can't seem to find the reason why it is losing 8mb all the time. I have even tried rebooting, but its still the same.

I know this sounds stupid but I don't like it when my phone loses space without reason.

Anyone can shed some light on this issue?

Many thanks in advance!

2. TW95 macrumors member

Mysterious!

When you say rebooted do you mean turned off then on?

If you do then Restore your iPhone via iTunes.

Hope this works for you, although I have never heard of this problem before.

3. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

He is on a jailbroken firmware. If he restores, he loses it jailbreak, and will have to do it again. However, the problem is interesting... Maybe it is Cydia download new packages and such.

4. TW95 macrumors member

I would do what I said, then if you want to re-jailbreak feel free.

5. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

I would too, if I was not jailbroken. For me, I like to run official iOS firmware, or custom firmware with Cydia removed. In the end, it is his choice. :cool: