Iphone lost contacts from deleted exhange email account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kellybow144, Aug 31, 2015.

1. kellybow144 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I work for a construction company and we just switched over to a new email server. Office365. So we had to delete all our guys emails on their phones and tablets and add the new email. All of the guys have android phones except one guy has an iphone5. I walked him through how to delete the old email account and to add it back with the new password for the server. The account is added but he is saying all of his contacts are missing. Any idea how to fix this?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm not an expert on Exchange accounts and what I suggest may be pointless but I would have thought if he has been backing up his phone in iTunes syncing it with that would put his contacts back on to it.

3. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

We moved from O365 same like you, in terms of contacts/calendar, what I did was to connect to the old account from Outlook, and export it from there.
    It's an easy fix, but to fix this, you'll need to have access to the old O365 account.

Those 'roid guys probably have their contacts in their phone/gmail account and never sync'ed to O365 in the first place.

4. mdhwoods macrumors regular

You will need to export his contacts from the exchange server and then import them into O365. If you still have access to the exchange server it can be done on the back end or through outlook.