iphone lost data .... how do i fix this??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doobygirl, Jun 5, 2010.

1. doobygirl macrumors newbie

I would really love it if someone could help me with this problem.
    My husband and I both have iphones and we sync them with the same computer, this has never been a problem until yesterday. I took some really lovely photos on the phone and wanted to put them on the computer which I have done lots of times with no problems .... so I plugged the iphone into the computer and it asked me to do a itunes update ... again I've done this before with no problems, once the update had finished ALL of the data from my phone has completely disappeared but has been replaced by my husbands data, I have all his contacts, texts, photos, settings absolutely everything on my phone and none of mine .... its like its his phone now???? What the hell did I do and how do I fix it ? Please help me???? :(

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

iTunes usually does a backup of the phone prior to doing a sync update. In the Preferences > Devices you should see the two iPhones listed as being backed up.

If thats the case you should be able to restore your phone and iTunes will then ask whether you wish to use the latest backup to restore to, one of the choices should be yours.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

If iTunes had previously made a backup, you can restore then update it with the backup you made.