iPhone lost marketshare from July to August

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aohus, Sep 8, 2011.

1. aohus macrumors 68000

They're losing out to HTC, Samsung, and LG. Granted, a very minuscule amount. Apple remains the top dog in handset manufacturers however. and wow, RIM, ouch. nearly 1% down in one month.

[​IMG]

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Probably down as most folks are waiting for the 5.

3. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

makes sense. looking forward to the iPhone 5.

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

That's what I'm thinking too. Once the iPhone 5 is released, then those shares should jump back up.

5. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

and even if other handset makers show off higher specs, it won't matter, as the mainstream consumer likes stability, and predictability. iPhone offers this.

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

That's the reason I'm an iPhone fan. Rather than having a phone with high specs that is crap, I would take a lower specced phone that actually works and suits my needs just fine at the same time.

7. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

seems like there are a ton of anti-Apple users on here. Thats fine, but I feel like what we discuss here on this forum, is totally different from the mainstream user.

Did you know half of iPhone 4 users think they're on 4G because of the iPhone4 name?

We have to remember that we are not the demographic, mainstream users are, who just pop into their local carrier store when its time for an upgrade.

8. iTunes-Luv macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

Everyone who wants an iPhone is waiting for an iPhone 5 now, myself included. So it makes sense in that chart. One iPhone 5 is out, the next month chart will show Apple iPhone up 20-15% market share :D

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I completely agree. We are definitely not the mainstream users Apple is targeting, not even close (although I feel like alot of us forget that sometimes). I remember reading the article about the 4G thing. I think there should be a point to which mainstream users need to be educated about basic stuff like that so that they aren't walking around with a false misconception like that. But I don't think that's gonna happen since many companies thrive off of people's false ideas about stuff and use it to their advantage. Hence why having a "4G" network is considered better when most people don't even have phones that support 4G, let alone live in an area covered by it.

10. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I agree that drop is everyone waiting for the iPhone 5. However. That does not mean loads of people won't pass on the iPhone 5 if it doesn't deliver. I'm not alone in saying if it doesn't have a 4" screen (and the new curved back that will come with it), I won't be getting it. Too many other new modern phones out there that you don't need a magnifying glass to use.

11. Muro macrumors 6502

The iPhone 5, when out, will turn that chart in no time in a nice and sweet :apple: Pie

12. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Yeah. It's actually kind of ridiculous Apple has waited nearly a year and a half to update their phone. I doubt they really care about market share though.

13. Savor Suspended

Savor

Profit margins is more important to Apple than volume sales. Look at the Mac. They sell them at a premium but Apple makes great computing software anyway with a perfectly streamlined hardware.

I feel bad for RIM. But I will stick by them when they release the QNX phones just because I liked webOS so much which they copied. RIM is still stuck in 2003-2006. Research In Slow Motion. But hey, at least they are quietly doing their thing. Keep chugging along and there is still their 70M BBM fanbase. While others are taking each other to court, nobody is out suing RIM. They are not bothering anyone and still have the best security for email. And best and popularity are two different things. McDonald's is one of the largest suppliers for coffee and it doesn't mean it taste any good.

14. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i think that's just because ppl are waiting for the iPhone 5

15. jmontalto21 macrumors newbie

It is probably because a new Android phone comes out what seems like every week with something new, such as 3D.

I do not want to give up my iPhone 4 from Verizon because I am grandfathered into the unlimited data contract. When I go iPhone 5 then I have to get a new deal.... :mad: