iPhone LOST?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RowanBuds, Jun 23, 2010.

1. RowanBuds macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was in the shipment that got to newark from anchorage at 2:38 am yesterday morning. Well, I live about 4 miles from newark, and dont have my phone yet.

I called the fedex ipd line to be told that
    'Actually your particular package hasnt been scanned since monday. I will put a trace out on it."

6 hours later, no sign of package. FedEx is telling me the pkg is most likely lost or stolen, and apple is telling me that i have to wait 5 days before they will consider it missing. The end of the line is that if it isnt magically just hiding and waiting to surprise me tomorrow, I will have to get another one. Problem is--I will not wait in line, that is why i preordered for delivery. I will have to order through apple again, and not get my phone until sometime after July 15th or so.

What the ****!!!!

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I know you probably don't want to hear this, you're not the first nor will you be the last where an employee of a shipping company steals something. It sucks if it did happen, unfortunately you will need to be understanding and deal with the situation at hand.

3. RowanBuds thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course i'm not the first, nor will I be the last. I really am not angry/mad/pissed, etc. I am slightly inconvenienced. I was informed that my phone would come today, and slightly planned around it. I would have right to be any of the above if it were one of the companies faults, but it is not. I just feel frustrated at the whole situation at this time.

I ended up dealing with IPD @ FedEx, and Apple logistics team, and conferencing them together. Apple was saying 5 days to report lost, while I have him on the phone with FedEx rep saying that they consider the package missing, as its been ~~52 hours or so since any one-to-one scan of the package. Apple rep still saying, not lost yet. hahahaha. That was amazing. Wish I could've recorded those two. haha.

I sit patiently now, hoping it comes in tomorrow through some stroke of luck for me. If not, I will cancel order, and see how these yellow screen / reception dropping if you touch the sides issues play out before purchasing again.

I was close to switching to HTC EVO 4G, but really do like my Apple experience thus far, and decided to adopt a first gen ip4. Might be the wrong call. My 3G is on the fritz since last December, so my new phone will be very soon. Pity for :apple: loyalists though, seems as their volume goes up, like most co's, their quality is dropping. I hope this doesn't become any more of a trend. There weren't any iPad issues (wi-Fi only) right?

Anyway, Hoping it comes tomorrow. If not will be canceled through apple immediately. Enjoy all of yours those who got them. :cool: