iPhone Love

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zord, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

Just a curious question. . . Is there anyone on here that was at an Apple store to purchase the Original iPhone on it's launch day and since then you have purchased every iPhone on or around launch also??

As an Apple fanboy being there for the very first one seems like it would have been an awesome experience!!

Side question. . If you can say yes to this do you still have all 4 iPhone models??

2. Zord thread starter macrumors 6502

Zord

After 102 views. . . no one huh?? didn't think there would be.

3. himni macrumors regular

I didn't get the iPhone 2g on launch day but I did try it out later on and didn't like it (iOS 1 lacked too many things I needed at the time). I have gotten the iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 on launch day. I did order the 3GS and 4 online and didn't wait in line. I really hate lines. I do have all 4 iPhones still (I got a 2G off ebay a while back).

4. svenhoops macrumors newbie

I bought the original on launch day and to this day it's my favorite in terms of overall look/feel of the hardware. I skipped the 3G but upgraded to the 3GS on its launch day and did the same for the 4 on its launch day. Planning on upgrading to the 5 as soon as it's available! My wife is still using my old 3GS and I'll pass down the 4 to her when I get the 5. The original 2G is safe and sound in its original box - I can't bear to part with it!

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm no fanboy and I view the phone as that, a phone that can do quite a number of things. While I'm impressed with apple and how they can produce some great products. I'm not married, enamored or in love with them or their products. They're a multibillion dollar corporation, and my loyalty towards them only goes as far as how well their products fit my needs

I sell my old phone to either offset the cost of the new one or add a little cash in my pocket

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I got the 2G in Dec. '07 as a birthday present, bought the 3G on launch, and got the 4 day zero. I keep my old ones, I don't like selling my tech.

7. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I got the iPhone 2G within the first week, 3G on launch day, 3GS within the first week, but didnt get the 4 until about 6 months after release.