iPhone/Mac thoughts...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RossoA, Oct 29, 2007.

1. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

I need people's opinions on what it is about the Mac community that they think makes it a special place to be, and why we won't ever go back to the nasty PC.

You can also include how this links to thoughts about the iPhone.

NB: Posting on this thread binds you into an agreement that I can use your words as quote in an article made for assessment.

EDIT: P.S. I didn't know really where to put this, so mods, you can move it :p

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

My Thoughts

I feel that being a part of the Mac community means that you are surrounded with people that actually care about how their computer performs. They do now buy a computer simply based on the fact that over 90 percent of people in the world use it, they want a computer that is user friendly, works, and makes computing more interesting. I also feel that Apple pays more attention to their customers when it comes to what they release and what they do. The iPhone is also a great tool because it not only incorporates everything that anyone could need in to one device, it also makes it all easy to use. These are my thoughts.

Brendan

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

For me, I wanted to change after using Windows all my life. The hassels of using Windows just got to the point where I wanted to try something else. I bought my first Apple computer in August. So far, its been great. I've had some minor transition problems, but nothing major.

4. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

I wanted the best damn phone on the planet.

Had RIM, had palm, had sony erriconson.

On the spec sheet you will find a phone with a better camera or GPS etc. But no phone that gives you the experience you get from the iphone and its software.

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I switched to an Apple Mac in June, and it is a breath of fresh air. Everything works, and works flawlessly. Furthermore, I am not constantly waiting for the thing to boot up, or wasting hours of my time on a regular basis updating and running anti-spyware, anti-virus software and other security programmes. In addition, if I ever need technical help, this forum is superb and the font of all knowledge!

There is no way that I would consider going back.

Can't wait for the iPhone next week as well!

6. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I've now completed my first year of iMac ownership and what a great year it has been. The iMac has performed brilliantly throughout and unlike my many Windows PC's beforehand has not required to be wiped clean and reinstalled every 3 or 4 months in order to run at acceptable speeds.

I plan on installing Leopard this week which will be great to make full use of the 64 bit C2D chipset.

My excitement levels are also on a high in anticipation of the UK iPhone launch next Friday.

7. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Is it next week it's released?

like most people have said, after being on a Windows machine my whole life i wanted a system that worked the way i wanted it to work, not told me how to do things and then broke. the mac is in my opinion the embodiment of what a computer should really be about, you turn it on, do whatever you need to do and then turn it off, no faffling around with drivers or anti virus etc. It's a cliche, one that apple embraces, but it really does just work

Not got hold of a iPhone yet, a friend has one and also a iPod Touch, but i want my first experience of multi touch to be on my own device