iPhone + Macbook......+ Tablet???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jordii, Dec 22, 2009.

1. jordii macrumors regular

Fully recognizing that there are important things that can't quite be done well on an iphone or Macbook (e.g. both make for non-optimal Kindles), and that Apple's tablet will be totally cool and tempting, and assuming money isn't an object, I'm still at a loss as to how weird and unwieldy it would be for people like me, who own both iphones and MBs, to ALSO buy a tablet to shlep around.

Any other iphone/MB owners out there wondering if they'll ever be able to reconcile to owning three different portable Mac computers?

2. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

This is a very good question. Unless the tabled does something truly revolutionary or can replace the functionality of a laptop, it may not make sense for most. It will most likely be a luxury purchase.

However, considering the amount of apps that can control household appliances/lights - the tablet may be useful in the home. It could also replace e-readers (it would have to be able to display e-ink text though). It is an exciting idea and I am sure apple is working hard at making it useful and tempting - so we will have to wait and see.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

If you're willing to fork out the early adopter tax for it (think MB Air), the tablet should be aimed at replacing the MB.

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

5. jordii thread starter macrumors regular

13" I could maybe see. But I need the 15" MBP for my work, and tablet won't replace that. At home, I dock the laptop and use external monitor...and appreciate the computing horsepower. So I won't get the horsepower at home or the monitor space on the road. I.e. not a replacement.....

6. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

To me i would get a tablet to replace the mbp or iPhone, seems pointless for like a midpoint gadget especially with how portable the mbps are and how advanced the iPhone is[​IMG]

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Tablets are pointless anyways. They're too underpowered and clumsy to do any real work and too big to use as a phone (despite the fact that most iPhone users forget that it's a phone first and foremost).

8. tkboss88 macrumors member

i think i would buy

i would buy that tablet if they had text books on it!! i hate lugging around a ******** of books and PAYING FOR THEM IS WORSE. if buying an electronic version of the book costs half the price as a hardcopy, i would buy the tablet in a heartbeat. 600 bucks? no problem! i would save more than that in one year of school. also i would have a new gadget to mess around with :D

daamnit im a sexy geek :cool: