iPhone made loud 'cricket' sound all on it's own

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mict1111, Sep 15, 2010.

1. mict1111 macrumors newbie

There was nothing on the screen, just the sudden sound that sounded very much like a cricket getting louder and louder but with a few seconds of silence in between like a crazy ringer. But there were no calls, or alarms going off or coming in. I turned phone off. It did not happen again after turning phone on.

Thoughts? I do not have any apps that make such noises nor ringers that sound like that.

I guess I should add that it's a 3G, software up to date phone.

Thanks

2. chocobavits macrumors newbie

I used to have this happen every time i closed Guitar Toolkit. I think it is some kind of glitch with multitasking. I was using a 3gs jailbroken 4.0. I eventually restored my phone and rejailbroke it. I havent had it happen sense.

3. mict1111 thread starter macrumors newbie

cricket sound on iPhone

Actually, my phone was asleep on the table not being used. I thought there was a real frog or animal recording coming from the wall at first, but no...it was my phone - not running any apps or being used at all. And my phone is not cracked or hacked.

4. Puce macrumors newbie

Add me to the list.
    Annoying chirp or cricket noise I think 2 to 4 times a day
    No notification, no alarm, only my well-know apps in the background

Ipod 4Gen ios 4.3.5 NOT hacked
    Latest downloaded apps : ALmu GOLD, Spiceworks

5. herofilo, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

herofilo macrumors newbie

Mine (iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.2.1) started to behave the way you describe last Saturday, three days ago. Last Thursday, IIRC, I installed ALmu GOLD, so it may be related to this app.
    Now I have uninstalled it, to test whether I am right or not.

6. Puce macrumors newbie

The cricket is gone

I have removed Almu GOLD sunday evening.
    No cricket at all this monday.
    IT was certainly caused by this program and it does go away when WE remove Almu