iPhone Mail 2.1 Missing Backslash

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Superdrive, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

Hi all,
    I am trying to set up my coworker's iPhone 3G with 2.1 on our work Exchange email system. For whatever reason, our email address still needs to be entered "domain\username@company.com" in order to work. The problem is, with 2.1 (unless I can't see tonight), there is no backslash to enter in the "Email" field. Any hints?

I set my phone up with 2.0 and had to reset it with 2.1 when Exchange became "easier"...I may just roll back his install to 2.0.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

just use the third keypad. That is, press the ".?123" button, then the "#+=" button, then backslash.

3. Superdrive thread starter macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

That's just the thing...in the "EMail" there is no third keypad in 2.1.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Same problem here, however I'm 95% sure that you shouldn't be entering a backslash in there. Chances are that it should be in the Username field.

5. Superdrive thread starter macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

Here's the thing I have a \ in mine already from a previous version, and it is the only way it works since Apple separated the "Domain" and "Username" fields. I'm about finished with a rollback to 2.0. Hopefully that goes.

Attached Files:

6. BT98!!!! macrumors newbie

Also Missing Backslash on iphone

Also trying to setup email exchange with but no \. Just wondering if there is anybody out there that is able to access \ so I am able to receive emails?????

7. dan645178 macrumors newbie

Quick Fix for Missing Backslash on Iphone

What you can do is go into your "Notes" app and type in your desired information with a backslash. Than copy it and paste it where you need it.