IPHONE Mail and Reply To

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gothamknights, Oct 21, 2011.

1. gothamknights macrumors newbie

I have a new Iphone 4S and I want to be able to use Gmail as my smtp (IMAP) but use my work email as my POP3. Outlook has a way to use a reply to field but there isn't one I can find in my IPhone email settings ... any advice I would appreciate it!

:)

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Why don't you set up your gmail as exhange? http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740

as for the reply thing...I don't know if you mean to change what email you're replying to?

3. gothamknights thread starter macrumors newbie

Tanks for the reply Eric. I ave a shared smtp server as I am trying to run a business on a budget. So my emails get blocked at times so I use gmail as my smtp on my outlook but use the 'reply to' field so when I send an email the recipient doesn't reply to my gmail but to my business one. I want to be able to do the same with my iPhone.

4. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Gotcha, I was trying to do that myself last year. As I have my own domains and custom email address (was in the process of using the new address and getting rid of the old ones). I couldn't really find a way to do that, but I didn't look too hard into it. I am sure if it's possible someone here would have a solution.

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Just saw this -- set your desired (POP) email as the email address when you set up the account. Use the gmail smtp server, with your gmail name and password. In gmail you will have to add the pop address as one of the extra addresses that are authorized by you.

Recipients will get your POP address as the reply to, although in Exchange/Outlook it will say "gothamknights@gmail.com sent on behalf of gotham@knights.com"