iPhone Mail app irritating issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by docc, Aug 14, 2008.

1. docc macrumors 6502

Ok, so i have multiple email accounts set up on my iPhone. When the mail app notifies my of new email, it doesn't automatically take me to the account with the new mail in it. Rather, i have to move back to the main screen with the accounts list so as to check which one has a new email.

Isn't this rather counter-intuitive? Shouldn't clicking on the mail app with the red number notification automatically take you to the account with the new mail in it?

Seriously, sometimes with apple, things don't just work. You have to whine and whine till apple decides its worth a fix.

End of rant.

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

what if you have a total of 6 messgaes, 2 in one email account and 4 in another.. then what would the app do. MAYBE if it brought you right to the accounts list screen.. but i dont think it could take you to those messages directly.

3. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

It could take you to the oldest unread message. Or the newest. Maybe even user configurable. That'd be obvious (and nice:))

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Valid point. Maybe you should contact Apple, bring this to their attention...

5. docc thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed. Atleast take us to the account list screen rather than to the last used account.

Any idea as to how i can contact apple to give them this info?

Cheers.

6. rayward macrumors 65816

The Mail app in OS X gives you an inbox that encompasses all your accounts. Shouldn't be too hard to do the same on the iPhone.

7. docc thread starter macrumors 6502

Didn't they advertise the iPhone as having desktop class email?:rolleyes:

8. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Hmmm... interesting... but you know, if Apple changed it, you will have people complaining the the app doesn't bring them to where they left off... Maybe it should be a setting?

9. crotalus99 macrumors regular

I second that. Just make it like the mail app in OSX.

It is so annoying to have to keep backing out of one acct to get to the others.

10. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I agree with the others who mentioned a unified inbox. I have 4 accounts on the phone and hate having to go back and forth to check emails!

11. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Side note: Why in the world would you need 4 mail accounts? I could see 2 max; one for personal, one for work... no?

12. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

When you are done reading your mail, go back to the accounts screen before you exit the app. Then the next time you open it.....you'll be there. Pay me instead of Apple $9.99!!!! LOL ;)

13. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

How does the Blackberry or WM tackle similar issue? I am curious to find out.

14. chrisk macrumors newbie

chrisk

with blackberries you can choose to see them combined or separate - there is a combined box and then individual boxes - you choose what is visible. Also, you are able to have your texts show in your email box (which is nice). And your email folders are not always expanded (which is the worst feature of the iphone for me since i have literally hundreds of folders for my work email account - getting to "sent items" takes me 50 swipes).

15. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

If you run multiple websites, you will haev a few email addresses, or if you have two jobs.. then you would have a few work email addresses.

16. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Yes, the expanded folder is quite annoying for those of us that actually organize the inbox.

Another thing about email is how attachment is at the bottom of every email. I have long emails and scrolling down to the bottom is not viable and a waste of time.

17. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

They need to have a tap the bottom of the screen to take you to the bottom, just like they do on the top.

18. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I have four for(???) that very same reason. LOL :apple: