iPhone mail app stuck in gmail, can't access main screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pretzelkins, Jan 15, 2012.

1. pretzelkins macrumors newbie

Hello all. Came here with a problem that is driving me crazy and I am finding nothing via google searches. Thanks in advance for any help.

The problem is that I can't access the main screen of my mail app. I have my gmail account and my work account both set up in the mail app but am stuck in gmail. Nothing I do will bring me to the main screen where I can choose/add/delete accounts and set preferences. From my gmail inbox I can hit the "Mailboxes" button at the top of the screen, which brings me into a list of my various gmail mailboxes (inbox, drafts, sent, etc.). That is it. That is as far as I can back out. I tried hitting the "all mail" button, it just brings me into my gmail inbox. There is no way for me to set prefs, check my work mail, or add/delete accounts via the menus I currently have access to. Very odd. Any insights?

-Sam

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

That's because mail preferences aren't in there, those are under your phone settings, open them and go to mail, contacts, calendars.

3. pretzelkins thread starter macrumors newbie

But I can't access my other mail account either. I can't get to the main screen in Mail that allows me to choose between the accounts I have registered.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Have you tried completely closing the app and/or rebooting your phone?