iPhone mail app stuck in Gmail, con't access main screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pretzelkins, Jan 14, 2012.

1. pretzelkins macrumors newbie

Hello all. Came here with a problem that is driving me crazy and I am finding nothing via google searches. Thanks in advance for any help.

The problem is that I can't access the main screen of my mail app. I have my gmail account and my work account both set up in the mail app but am stuck in gmail. Nothing I do will bring me to the main screen where I can choose/add/delete accounts and set preferences. From my gmail inbox I can hit the "Mailboxes" button at the top of the screen, which brings me into a list of my various gmail mailboxes (inbox, drafts, sent, etc.). That is it. That is as far as I can back out. I tried hitting the "all mail" button, it just brings me into my gmail inbox. There is no way for me to set prefs, check my work mail, or add/delete accounts via the menus I currently have access to. Very odd. Any insights?

-Sam

2. DavoteK macrumors 6502

Have you gone to "Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendars" and see the two accounts?

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Just a suggestion, btw, there is an iOS section where you'd be more likely to get quick help.

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154

Don't create a new thread there, though, you can ask a mod to move it by clicking the report button on your first post in this thread.

It's behaving as if there is only one account setup. Can you verify that the other account is configured as DavoteK suggested?

jW