Iphone Mail - Looking to have unread messages NOT show up on home screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cbrom, Sep 4, 2008.

1. cbrom macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there's a way to alter the mail settings so that the number of unread messages do NOT show up on the mail icon on the home screen? One of my accounts receives an indundation of junk mail and often, I'm only going in there to search for a particular email. Worst case scenario, I'll disable this account and only enable when I need to access it.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't know of a way to do this. Sorry, but I think you'll have to disable that account.

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Oops, didn't see it was on the iPhone. Yeah, you might just have to disable the account.

4. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Not the answer you're looking for, but can you create rules/filters in the account either to delete the junk or to forward only the emails you need to another account?

5. MindStalker macrumors newbie

Folder?

If you don't want to forward his, the best thing would be to see if you can create a folder and have ALL email go into this folder. Iphone only shows unread count from inbox, other boxes do not effect this count.