iPhone Mail Notification (silent)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by b1u3b0y, Jun 21, 2009.

1. b1u3b0y Guest

Hi,

I just got my first iPhone...3Gs 16GB White, but i have one question about the mail notification. When I click on the mail app and manually check for mail I get the new mail notification if there is any and I also get a new mail notification with the badge number if my phone is set to never lock. Sadly when my phone goes into locked mode (usually set to one minute) I never hear a notification sound. Is this ment to happen or is my 3Gs defective? Any help or insight would be great!

Also I have the mail settings set to on... So that's not the issue...

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Settings/Sounds be sure everything is turned on.

3. b1u3b0y thread starter Guest

I have every notification set to on... So that's not the problem..

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Is the volume (side button) turned up to where you can hear it? Have you tried to turn off the phone and then turn it back on. You should be hearing a tone when an email arrives or a text.

5. b1u3b0y thread starter Guest

I hear the tone when a text arrives if it's in lock mode (it also pops up with a preview of the text)... and I do hear the tone when mail arrives, but only if my phone isn't in lock mode... if my phones in lock mode... the mail tone doesn't make a sound..so i never know if i've got an email or not.. I'm having no issues with my texts

6. tivoboy macrumors 68030

maybe

maybe you are just getting to the mail before the auto check, fetch is getting it?

7. treyb macrumors member

I can't always hear my mail sounds that gets received but other times I do. I think maybe you just need to get used to it.

8. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I'm now having the same issue. Anyone figure out how to fix it?

9. kristinaishere macrumors newbie

I have this problem also- definitely hit or miss. No matter what the phone will vibrate but sometimes no sound comes out.

10. johnbee macrumors newbie

I am only having the same problem with my iphone 3gs the phone. also some apps their is no sound unless i plug in my headphones. :confused: