iPhone Mail

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slinky1, Oct 11, 2008.

1. slinky1 macrumors member

I have a mail account with Yahoo.com which is free.This is on my iphone and on my Mac. tried recently to email an administrator on a web site and i was prompted to set up a mail pop account by my Mac software(the postage stamp on the dock) ! I did so and just upgraded Yahoo.Mail to yahoo Plus.This seemed ok but now i have 2 accounts on my iphone.That wouldn't seem a problem you say,but now i'm confused because i have yahoo web access and apples mail on my computer.The issue is now i don't get any notification of any emails,sound or icon number on home screen of my iphone until i go into mail.If i choose one of the accounts only to be active,the one that says Yahoo!
    Not my name then ending in yahoo i get no alerts until i go into mail on my phone but none of my folders or the preset ones,Drafts,sent,Trash,Bulkmail.Just inbox and the trash icon.What is going on? :confused:

2. Heimlich macrumors member

when you're in mail, keep clicking the button on the top left of your screen to see your accounts. You can maybe delete one or something. Also try checking settings, mail.

Oh with multiple accounts, you can set each one to push your mail, or fetch. I think the account you just added is set on fetch which means it will not notify you of a new message immediately. I think you should delete one of your accounts.